Building Better Business
Over the past few months we have met clients who were frustrated that their accountant wasn’t proactive enough, clients who did not have any idea what was happening in their business apart from cashflow issues and clients venturing out into their own business.
Whatever the situation we are here to help. We believe in ongoing monitoring of your business during the year to ensure the things that are frustrating to you are made easier if not eliminated. To do this we offer various services such as the creation of a business plan, cashflow management, and regular coaching. After all a plan is no good if no one is keeping you accountable for your actions or inaction.
Success is about planning. We want to help you achieve success.
Our Business Planning Service
An effective business planning process gets to the heart and soul of your business. Upon completion of ‘pre-work’ we’ll have a greater understanding of your vision and core values in order to facilitate a planning session to help you create a clear and concise Business Plan.
This session will require you to take time out from day to day activities in the business to focus on the business. Together we’ll review your past performance and clarify your future direction.
We’ll enable you to review actual performance against targets and establish a 90 day action plan to address immediate and critical issues. You’ll set solid and realistic business goals and define strategies for achieving them.
At the end of the session your easy to understand one page Business Plan will act as a guide for you (and your team) to successfully implement your desired changes. It will ensure your business is on course for success.
Our Business Planning service eliminates a factor that is all too common in business - PROCRASTINATION.
Business Planning - Outline and Benefits
Why we developed this service.
Success is about planning; we want to help you achieve success.
- Do you have a current Business Plan?
- Have you set realistic and measurable goals?
- Do you have clear strategies to achieve your goals?
- Do you regularly review your goals in regard to changing circumstances?
A Business Planning session will require you to take time out from day to day activities in the business to focus on the business. Together we will review your past performance and clarify future direction. You will set solid and realistic business goals and define strategies for achievement. At the end of the session, you will have a one page Business Plan which will act as a guide map to ensure you are on course for success.
Who should have a Business Planning session?
Every business should have a Business Plan. Would you like:
- To increase the level of growth, profitability and cashflow in your business?
- Support to unlock your business potential?
- A clear outline of what you need to do to unlock this potential?
- A document against which to measure your progress?
Benefits of a Business Planning Session
- Review and set the direction of the business
- Eliminate procrastination
- Identify common goals amongst a number of directors (if applicable)
- Identify and prioritise your key goals
- Create strategies to achieve your goals
- Identify what you will need to achieve your goals
- Set timeframes for achieving your goals
- Develop a tool to communicate your business goals and vision with your team
- Divide your goals into short term and long term - quick wins vs. key projects
- Develop a template to review actual performance against targets
- Create a platform to develop Financial Forecasts
- Use your Business Plan as a basis for you to set team members’ individual goals / targets
Cashflow Management - Outline and Benefits
Why we developed this service.
Cashflow planning is best practice in any business and critical to survival and growth. Setting cashflow targets and regularly monitoring your actual cashflow against your forecast will enable you to predict large cash outflows and respond to changes in your business.
Inadequate cashflow is a symptom of management problems in a business, NOT the cause. Helping our clients look ahead with confidence and putting in place basic cashflow maximisation strategies is core to our purpose as your accountants.
Service one: A Cashflow Forecast. Preparation of a Cashflow Forecast and a one hour Cashflow Forecast Review meeting to discuss and finalise the Forecast.
Service two: Cashflow Management Coaching. Preparation of a Cashflow Forecast along with a three hour Cashflow Management Coaching session to:
- Discuss and finalise the Cashflow Forecast
- Identify your current Cash Conversion Cycle
- Identify the likely causes of cashflow problems within your business
- Set 12 month and 90 day cashflow improvement goals and actions
This initial session is followed by four quarterly accountability coaching sessions, ensuring that you put in place essential cashflow management strategies and achieve your cashflow improvement goals.
When should I have a session?
Businesses should have a Cashflow Forecast in place before the beginning of the new financial year. Having said that, we can provide this service at any time. The sooner we complete a Cashflow Forecast for you, the sooner we can work together to agree strategies for improvement.
Benefits of Cashflow Management
- Assists with bank lending requirements
- Identifies ways to avoid late payment penalties and interest from suppliers
- Improves communication and relationships with your financiers and suppliers
- Gives you an understanding of cash and liquidity for better decision making
- Helps you understand the key cashflow drivers and the Cash Conversion Cycle in your business
- Enables you to predict and plan for large cash outflows
- Teaches you how to monitor your actual cashflow against forecast in your accounting or reporting software
- Provides peace of mind that your cashflow needs are known and properly funded
- Improves business processes that maximise cashflow, profit and business value
- Drives your business to achieve your goals in a controlled and managed way
Are you keen to find new strategies to improve performance and overcome business challenges?
As a business owner you can at times feel alone and unsupported, spending little time working on your business while being trapped in the day to day technical aspects. Having a business coach might be the right move for you.
Owning your own business is hard work. The purpose of Quarterly Coaching is to provide you with accountability and support to keep you on target towards achieving the goals you have set in your Business Plan. We’ll ensure your Business Plan remains a living, working document and is the filter through which all decisions are made.
Coaching isn’t just about increased accountability, profitability and cashflow. It’s about achieving your desired work outcomes in order to achieve your desired personal lifestyle. The Quarterly Coaching programme may also be used as a vehicle to guide you through major changes in your business.
Benefits of Quarterly Coaching
- Accountability and support from your coach to enable you to achieve your desired results
- Increase profitability and cashflow
- Determine a process to report your actual results against your budget
- Gain an understanding of the key drivers within your business and what impacts them
- Identify and solve your burning issues
- Gain access to an expert sounding board to thoroughly discuss your ideas
- Understand the impact of ideas prior to implementing them within the business
- Improve leadership
- Improve business performance by identifying ways to overcome challenging issues
- Keep your Business Plan as a ‘living document’ to ensure you are working towards your goals
- Align the directors in terms of prioritising what projects are important (if applicable)
Access the collective wisdom of our accountants; our systems, products and services
To be able to do this we use cloud accounting software which means we can look at what you are looking at in real time not months later. We will sit down with you and make sure you understand your numbers by expaining things in plain english. If the numbers aren’t stacking up we can suggest ways of improving them.
Give us a call if you would like to take your business further. We have all the tools to be able to take you to the next step and help sort out your frustrations.