Here's how we can help
Preparation of your entity’s financial statements and tax returns. We will complete individual income tax returns (with your finalised financial statements) for the various members of your group.
This includes: Rebates Working for Families Tax Credits
At JMA Chartered Accountants we can offer a simple and easy fixed priced tax and accounting service, so you will know upfront and before engaging our accounting service what your total cost will be. So, no more surprises or unexpected accountant’s costs when engaging us for our provided services. We can also give you the option of spreading your fee across a 12 month period to save you from being faced with a one off large annual fee. We also offer payment options including monthly installments and Paypal.
As part of the accounting and tax services we can also complete your GST returns and Payroll.
Business Basics - What you must do!
Providing quality annual accounting and tax return services. These are the basics that are required by law.
Recommended ONLY for small and medium sized businesses who have their own in-house accounting support and just need assistance with year end compliance matters. self employed owner operator businesses who have a limited client base, consistent income levels month to month and limited future growth opportunities.
Business Boost - What you should do!
Annual accounts are not an efficient business management and growth tool.
If you want to grow and develop your business and correct issues as they arise, you need regular management information so that you keep on track with your goals.
You should be in a regular cycle of:
- Planning and setting your vision for the business
- Establishing performance indicators
- Regular performance monitoring
- Setting actions
- Reviewing the effectiveness of those actions
If you want to grow and develop your business and correct issues as they arise, you need regular management information so that you keep on track with your goals. - contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We are here to help.
Complimentary Client Review
It’s extremely important to work on your business, not just in it. Taking time out to discuss what’s happening in your business is essential to give you clarity about your future and vision to enable us to support you in the most appropriate ways.
A Complimentary Client Review is an ideal opportunity to meet us on a complimentary, obligation free basis to discuss any of the following:
· Your goals for your business and how you plan to achieve them
· How your business goals tie in with your personal and lifestyle goals
· Issues and challenges you’re facing in your business e.g. growth, profitability, cashflow, succession, etc.
· How you can work with us to address these
Who should have a review?
If you want to improve your business performance and financial results, and minimise any risk in your investments, schedule a Complimentary Client Review. We’re not just advisors on your rear-facing tax matters - we want to help you achieve your future business goals.
We’ll review and discuss your current situation at no cost. It’s an opportunity for us to check in with you that we are giving you all the assistance that you need. For example, we might be able to help you with some strategies to help you grow and protect your assets or improve your efficiency and effectiveness.
What is involved?
You’ll meet with one of us for a 60 minute session, reviewing your current situation and discussing how we can support you to resolve your burning issues. We will send you a copy of the Meeting Minutes documenting your business and lifestyle goals and all agreed actions.
If required, we will also prepare a proposal for you including upfront prices of our services for any additional support work that we identify during the meeting.
Benefits of a Complimentary Client Review
- · Clearly discuss and document your business and lifestyle goals
- · Gain clarity of the actions you need to take to achieve your goals
- · Stimulate strategic discussion around the current and future direction of your business and investments
- · Identify your burning issues, opportunities and challenges so you can set actions to respond effectively
- · Gain a better understanding of your business
- · Access the collective wisdom of our firm
- · Assess the current structure of your business
- · Potentially identify greater tax efficiencies
- · Gain a better understanding of the ways we can support you
Give us a call if you would like to book a Complimentary Client Review.
Proactive Accounting Meeting
If you’re keen to improve your business performance and financial results but don’t feel you are being supported enough by your current accountant - give us a call. We’ll arrange a complimentary Proactive Accounting Meeting to review your unique situation and discuss how we may be able to support you.
During the meeting we’ll identify your burning issues, opportunities and potential tax efficiencies, and establish goals and strategies to achieve them. We’ll also have a strategic discussion around the current and future direction of your entities.
Following the meeting, if required, we’ll prepare a proposal for services, with all costs priced upfront, whether this be strictly for Business Development work and / or compliance.
Solutions for Current Clients
Success is about planning; we want to help you achieve success.
· Do you have a current Business Plan?
· Have you set realistic and measurable goals?
· Do you have clear strategies to achieve your goals?
· Do you regularly review your goals in regard to changing circumstances?
A Business Planning session will require you to take time out from day to day activities in the business to focus on the business. Together we will review your past performance and clarify future direction. You will set solid and realistic business goals and define strategies for achievement. At the end of the session you will have a one page Business Plan which will act as a guide map to ensure you are on course for success.
Who should have a Business Planning session?
Every business should have a Business Plan. Would you like:
· To increase the level of growth, profitability and cashflow in your business?
· Support to unlock your business potential?
· A clear outline of what you need to do to unlock this potential?
· A document against which to measure your progress?
What is involved?
You attend a planning session facilitated by us. Together, we will:
· Discuss and set personal and business goals for the next 12 months
· Discuss and agree on an action plan with strategies to support achievement of goals
· Identify Gross Revenue Targets and Key Performance Indicators
· Identify opportunities and vulnerabilities in your business that need to be managed
· Establish a 90 Day Action Plan to address immediate critical issues
We’ll provide you with pre-work, which you will need to complete prior to the Business Planning session to ensure you identify any issues that need to be discussed. That way we can prepare any information required prior to the session.
When should I have a session?
Any time is a good time to develop a Business Plan if you don’t have one, however it is particularly relevant at the start of a new financial year.If you are contemplating a major change in an existing business or starting a new venture, a Business Plan is crucial.You’ll require a Business Plan to support any financial applications.
Benefits of a Business Planning session
- · Review and set the direction of the business
- · Eliminate procrastination
- · Identify common goals amongst a number of directors (if applicable)
- · Identify and prioritise your key goals
- · Create strategies to achieve your goals
- · Identify what you will need to achieve your goals
- · Set timeframes for achieving your goals
- · Develop a tool to communicate your business goals and vision with your team
- · Divide your goals into short term and long term - quick wins vs. key projects
- · Develop a template to review actual performance against targets
- · Create a platform to develop Financial Forecasts
- · Use your Business Plan a basis for you to set team members’ individual goals / targets
· At times as a business owner do you feel alone and unsupported?
· Do you struggle to make time to work on your business rather than in your business?
· Are you keen to find new strategies to improve performance and overcome business challenges?
· Would you like an independent coach to discuss your burning issues and opportunities with?
We appreciate that owning your own business is hard work; the purpose of Quarterly Coaching is to provide you with accountability and support to keep you on target towards achieving the goals you have set in your Business Plan. We will ensure your Business Plan remains a living, working document, and a filter through which all decisions are made.
What is involved?
This coaching programme consists of quarterly meetings with one of our senior team members, as well as phone and email support. The purpose of each meeting is to review your actual results, clarify areas where you can improve your business performance, set 90 day goals and identify strategies to achieve them.
As a result of each meeting, you will develop a realistic 90 Day Action Plan with timelines to keep you on track to achieve your annual Business Plan. You will have access to our expertise and resources to enable you to implement best business practice.
Benefits of Quarterly Coaching
· Accountability and support from your coach to enable you to achieve your desired results
· Increase profitability and cashflow
· Determine a process to report your actual results against your budget
· Gain an understanding of the key drivers within your business and what impacts them
· Identify and solve your burning issues
· Gain access to an expert sounding board to thoroughly discuss your ideas
· Understand the impact of ideas prior to implementing them within the business
· Improve leadership
· Improve business performance by identifying ways to overcome challenging issues
· Keep your Business Plan as a ‘living document’ to ensure you are working towards your goals
· Align the Directors in terms of prioritising what projects are important (if applicable)
· Access the collective wisdom of our accountants, our systems, products and services
Whether you are starting out in business or just in the feasibility stage it is critical to get the right advice. This can help you make avoid costly mistakes later. From assistance with costing, cashflows, setting the right performance measures or the many compliance issues you need to cover we can help you get your business off to a great start.
- Free initial advice on business structure and systems Set up a company
- Prepare budgets and cashflow forecasts for the bank and liase with the bank if needed
No time to get all those business projects completed! Want someone to take care of them for you?
If you have a specific business issue or project we can act as Project Manager to make things happen.
An example of one of our projects:
The Project: Standardise and streamline the consignment stock process
The Delivery: Working with our large public sector client and their nominated key stakeholder group to identify issues and opportunities and establish the strategy and policies to optimise and standardise the existing processes.